Natural Therapy Research and Training Center
Browse Our Services: Accurate Acupuncture by Remington Zhang, Dr. Zhang, Single Needle Technique, Needle Free Techniques, Cupping Therapy, Moxibustion, Korean Hand Acupuncture, Metal pellet, Auricular Acupuncture, Ear Seeds, Microcurrent Theropy, Trigger point Massage, Columbus, Hilliard, OH
Single Needle Technique:
Passed down in my family, one single needle can help in over 300 hundreds syndromes. The less needles used, the more accurate acupuncture. A brief list bellow is just to illustrate some examples:
• Back pain
• lost voice,
• genital itching
• Shoulder pain
• Neck tight, neck pain
• Acid reflux
• Cold hand and feet
• Mouth dry
• Fever from catching cold
• Uterine fibroids
• Mouth Ulcers
• Talk too much
• Difficult to close eyes
• Feel hot but no sweating
• Shoulder and back pain
• Pain at the center of foot
• Knee pain,
• Ankles pain
• Hip pain
• Bad mouth breath
• Alternate crying and smiling
• Migraine headache
Call me or e-mail me with your conditions if your syndromes is not on the above lists. Everybody is an unique individual. The majority of the time, I will add some other points to enhance the single needle effects.
Traditional acupuncture to remove the root of your illness
Traditional acupuncture is based on meridians, yin/yang, and the five elements. These issues are addressed in more details on some other sites. Please visit them accordingly in my link page if you like to know more.
Traditional acupuncture treats whole bodily systems, help the improvement of physical health conditions as well as disorders, and infuse a feeling of increased mental clarity. It does so by working directly with our body's energy (or Qi) by rebalancing it through treatment of specific points on the body (traditional Chinese acupuncture), on hands (Korean hand acupuncture), and/or in ears (auricular acupuncture).
Acupuncture has been proven to be effective in treating various medical conditions through numerous clinical trials. Its use has been expanded into the conventional medicine practices.
Here I just summarize the points and give a short list for the benefits:
1) All Natural. All healing is done by your body’s natural healing mechanisms. Even the greatest surgeon can’t heal the smallest cut. Only your body can do that.
2) Acupuncture Works with your Body instead of against it. Modern medicine is miraculous, but your body’s self-healing abilities are even more so. Most modern drugs work by preventing symptoms instead of helping to bring your self-healing abilities into play. Often these symptoms (such as fever, inflammation, etc.) are actually your body’s attempt to heal itself. Blocking these symptoms may give relief, at the cost of true healing. It is well known that the western medicine has many side effects. Compare to that, acupuncture has no side effects at all.
3) Traditional Chinese Medicine is Outstanding for chronic Conditions as well some acute conditions. Modern medicine is exceptional at acute conditions - health problems need immediate attention, such as infections, broken bones, trauma, and anything requiring surgery. It’s not as good at chronic conditions - health conditions that just don’t go away on their own. These persistent conditions are where acupuncture is especially effective. For acute conditions, acupuncture can help too if used properly. For example, many acute lower back pains were cured in my clinic just one time, while western medicine mostly just gives you pain relief medicine. For some heart failures, just pressing a point on the wrist can gain precious time for patient to get on western medicine (e.g. transportation to hospital).
4) Improved the overall Quality of Life. A lot people are used to minor or chronic pains such as ankle twist, lower back pain, migraine… etc, they just suffered chronic pain conditions year after year and hope the body will heal itself some day. Some people just use pain medicine to numb the sensation when the pain comes since the pain medicine is so cheap and easy to buy without any prescription. They do not know that long-term usage of these kinds of medicines is no good for your body. Acupuncture balances our body's energy systems by redirecting our body's Qi to the areas where it might be blocked and/or deficient, which was the source of the pain. Therefore, the pain will be gone and should not come back unless you re-injured yourself again.
5) Stress Reduction. Although a little bit of stress can be good, too much stress (as most people experience) is no good, and these high levels of stress make it very difficult for us to be able to relax. Long term stress can lead to more serious problems in our body. Regular acupuncture treatments can reduce stress and help the body to relax.
6) Pain Reduction. Helping to reduce or completely eliminate pain is one of the most common advantages of acupuncture. Arthritis, neck pain, back pain, migraines, menstrual pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, neck pain, etc. are all areas where acupuncture can greatly help to get rid of pain. For some small surgery as well as baby delivery, acupuncture can serve as an anesthesia. This feature was tested and practiced in Chinese hospitals often.
7) Faster recovery from injury, illness, and surgery. Acupuncture increases Qi, blood flow, circulation, reduces inflammation, and scarring. More importantly, acupuncture helps to heal faster. Many Olympic athletics and sports stars in the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL have used acupuncture to heal and as a part of their recovery process.
8) Emotional Balance. Depression, anxiety, frustration, and stress can be successfully treated by acupuncture to create an inner peace.
9) Improved Respiratory Health. Breathing issues such as allergies, asthma, sinus infections can be effectively treated using acupuncture.
10) Sleep Better. Insomnia and other sleep aliments are also very commonly addressed by acupuncture. Insomnia and sleep disturbances can be caused by stress, injury, pain, and emotional imbalance. Patients can get a good night sleep by resolving these issues using acupuncture.
12) Strengthen your Immune System. Balancing the body's natural energy systems (Qi) while reducing factors that break down our immune system such as stress and illness create an overall healthier body.
13) Acupuncture can also strengthen a particular organ. For example, for weight control, according to Chinese medicine organ-meridian theory, most over weight cases are due to poor spleen and stomach function. Therefore, points on spleen and stomach meridians can be chosen to strengthen these two organs to achieve weight loss.
Some common syndromes that can be cured by traditional acupuncture treatments are:
• Allergies, rhinitis, hay fever
• Anxiety & Panic attacks
• Autoimmune conditions
• Back pain
• Diabetes/Blood Sugar management
• Digestive problems
• Facial pain/ Dental Pain
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Heartburn, Indigestion
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Joint pain
• Knee pain
• Leg pain
• Low blood pressure
• Menopausal symptoms
• Menstrual Disorders
• Nausea/ Morning sickness
• Neck pain
• Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
• PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
• Post operative pain
• Recovery from illness or injury
• Rheumatoid Arthritis (RE)
• Shoulder pain
• Skin disorders
• Smoking and Detoxification
• Tennis elbow
• Tinnitus (ringing in ear)
• TMJ dysfunction (Jaw pain)
* Premature ejaculation
* Addiction of masturbation
Source: Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials, the World Health Organization, 2003 and others.
*: according my experience.
The above just includes the more common illness treated. It is far from a complete list. If your illness does not appear on this list, it does not mean it cannot be treated by acupuncture. Please call me to discuss it.
Korean Hand Acupuncture - needle free technique
Korean Hand Acupuncture is based on that all 12 meridian of human body is also on hand. So, most of the syndromes have a reflection also on our hands. You can use needle to puncture the points, you can also use metal pellets to just stick on the points which work pretty well for some syndromes such as back pain, acid reflux, depression... Specially, I have created my own way to stick metal pellets on the back of the hand to stop back pain according the basic theory of korean hand acupuncture. It has been tested on myself as well as more than 100 patients. Only two of them did not work. One patient is over 87 years old. The other patient's skin has a reaction to the metal pellets.
Most the above syndromes can be helped by just metal pellets. For answers to more in depth questions, please go the links page.
Cupping - needle free technique
Cupping is another very old but very effective technique (needle free) commonly used in an acupuncture clinics.
For some acute illness such as acute back pain, shoulder pain, as well as some chronic illness, cupping is even more effective and faster than needling if used properly.
What does cupping do? Cupping uses fire to generate a vacuum quickly inside a cupping glass. Then, the cup is rapidly put on the skin of the injured area. Usually, the cup is left there for 10 to 20 minutes. After the bad blood (we call blue blood) is sucked out, the patient feels much release immediately after cupping. The skin, where cupping was performed, normally may looks reddish or even black. The skin will return to normal color after several days. No scar or any marker will be left behind.
Auricular Acupuncture - another needle free technique
Auricular Acupuncture uses the external surface of the ear to treat pathological conditions in other parts of the body. Cutaneous ear points can be used to access the whole human body through the nervous and auricular microhormonal systems. The left figure just shows points related to smoking cessation.
Although, auricular therapy has a long history of use in China. It was mentioned in the most famous of ancient Chinese medical textbooks, “The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Internal Medicine.” However, popular usage of auricular acupuncture was started and discovered by a French Doctor called Dr. Paul Nogier in the 1950s. Once the concept that somatotopic correspondence of specific parts to ear points of the body was established, UCLA pain management center, NY chronic pain and substance abuse center, as well as hospitals in China, contributed to testing and discovering the hundreds of points in ears in the1980s. In the 1990s, WHO standardized the ear points and anatomic terms. In modern times, auricular therapy has been shown to stimulate the release of endorphins, the body's own feel-good chemicals.
Briefly, an ear region, just like a inverted baby, corresponds to normal physiology or to acute pain or dysfunction of certain body parts. Therefore, you can find headache points on the ear lobe and find lower limb points on the top parts of ear.
Important applications with auricular acupuncture are: 1) anesthesia effects; 2) substance abuse and withdraw; 3) weight control.
Ear seeds for ear acupuncture - needle free technique
Just like korean hand acupuncture, the points on the ear can be punctured by very fine and short needles, it can also be stimulated by needle free method such as using ear seeds or ear tacks.
Ear seeds are very tiny small seeds from the Vaccaria plant, they were processed by soaking in extract of several herbal medicine and then dried and packed in individual package just like the packet shown in the left picture. I usually stick on the corresponding points for the patient and ask patient himself/herself to massage them. Ear seeds may be left in the ear for a few days or up to two weeks.Therefore, the effects last longer. I usually combine with needle effect so that the patient gets well faster. It save patients' time as well as money. It is particularly good for some chronic illnesses such as insomnia, weight control, smoking cessation, as well as pain management. For more benefits of using ear seeds, please read an short article in the link.
Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy
Based on traditional Chinese Meridian Theories and acupuncture points, microcurrent therapy uses extremely low-level electrical currents to treat nerve and muscle pain, inflammation, and other health challenges, which makes the difficult cases (such as Fibromyalgia, lumbar Disc Protrusion, Neuropathy, Tendon and ligament pain) easy. Each tissue type in your body has its own signature electrical frequency, which may be disrupted by injury or disease. Microcurrent therapy simply restores normal frequencies within the cells, resulting in remarkable improvements in pain, inflammation and function.For details information, please check the link http://www.drwhitaker.com/what-is-microcurrent-therapy.
Trigger Point Massage
Some times, patient's pain area could be very big, patient may be afraid of needles and do not like pellets or other treatment. If it happens, a full body massage with trigger points can help to solve the problem. Massage directly after acupuncture can also enhance acupuncture effect very much for most muscular problems. Mrs. Sharon Wang, my wife get all the trigger points from me, she also has many years of massage experience from working as a massage therapist in China. If you do like to get more information and appoints from her, please visit her website: WWW.CRMC88.com. Her office is located at: 779 Carle Ave, Lewis Center, OH 43035. You can schedule on line. Walking in is welcome.
Request More Information